Improving the provision of cultures of marine protists and cell lines of marine animals
(1) to provide quality, species-level taxonomic information for public-domain CC holdings;
(2) to develop reliable, technologically feasible, cost-effective means of verifying strain identity;
(3) to develop cryopreservation protocols to maintain live strains as well as cell lines of selected tissues and organisms in genetic and physiological inertia;
(4) to refine isolation protocols and develop new culture media to facilitate increase in taxonomic coverage of culture collection holdings;
(5) to catalogue expression markers for identifying cell cultures and cell lines in fish, Amphioxus, Ciona, echinoderms and molluscs.
(6) to establish and/or test methodologies for cell isolation, dissociation, propagation and storage of cells and cell lines in fish, Amphioxus, Ciona, echinoderms and molluscs;
(7) to develop and test methodologies for transfection of cell culture/lines of selected tissues/organisms.
Work package participants:
The Lovén Centre, Kristineberg & Tjärnö
Work package leaders:
Leonor Cancela, CCMAR, Faro, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wiebe Kooistra, SZN, Naples, email@example.com